Sunday, January 30, 2011

An Escape from SAE college - Part I, The Admission


I think almost everyone knows that I recently put a blog post called "An Escape from SAE Media College. Lot of my friends, including those who studied in SAE College and those who didnt, told me that now as you finished your course write about the pluses and minuses of you SAE college life. Well a very few of them said that you have a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. Thanks and happy to know that there are a few hits to my blog! I dont know how many ex-SAEs wrote about there life in SAE! i think none! i never saw one!

Let me tell you one thing guys, two of cousins did there Diploma in Audio Engineering in SAE college. one Called Abhijith and the other called Gokul. One was from mothers side and one was from father's side. Both of them told me to join SAE college. well before they talk to me they did talk to my mom. My mom was very much interested in that college even though she don't know what I am going to learn or What i will become after college and of-course I don't know what made my mom interest in this college? what did they told her? don't know and i never asked.

I was in my mom house far away from Cochin when i got a call from mom saying that there is a "Perfect" college in Chennai for your favorite photography course. Really guys, i was afraid to go to Chennai! well the truth is that i never stayed away from my house or parents for study. no far like Chennai! But when I called Abhijith, Gokul and Srejith - The counseling guy from SAE Cochin Branch office the course offered by them have overtaken my fears. I though I was ready. We fixed an appointment and he told me to come the very next week for aptitude text aka Entrance exam.

Well let me tell you another important thing. My father is a farmer. He is very less educated. May be because of that he is afraid to do lot of things which he thought "for Educated only". may be this was the reason which made me fight with my dad. Coming with me for the entrance exam and doing admission things were one of it. So like always it was my mothers duty to come with me to enroll the SAE college. The office was at Thevara. Its the first time i am going to thevara. For me Ernakulam South was the last known point of Erkm Dist. and the funny thing is that Thevara is 2 Stops after South.

It took me 2 - 2:30 hrs to reach the office. It was a damn hot day. still when i remember that day My eyes used to get filled with tears. That is the first time i felt, i was pushing my mom than she can! sometimes i used to fell that my father too pushing my mom hardh that she can. i can imagine what my mom should have thought when she came with me that collage. i know she is very weak. she will get tired very fast. but still she came with me, she might have a huge number of dreams. my son will became a big man.. or my son will get a good paying job... or my song will help the family with this job... i don't know what and all she might have though. i am sure she must thought a lot else nothing would like might not happen

"You have to pay 5500 for the entrance" srejith said and my mom paid it. There was computer and he told me to sit there and you will get a question paper, open a word pad and start writing. i was wondered! what a ridicules way to write and entrance. i am sure that when you heard entrance exam, you should have though a huge hall students and waiting eagerly to write exam etc. there was nothing like that here. only me a few office workers and mom siting there on the reception alone.

I finished the exam hours before the allowed time. I dont have much to write. he said that they will inform us about he results and admissions details latter. we came out of the office. my mother was getting week. i know she late for her lunch. its enough for her to get tired. i know that she didnt even drank a glass of water. we searched a little and was unable to find a hotel. that the only problem with Ernakulam. When you are tired and want food, its hard to find a hotel! But luck was with us. we found a canteen near Thevara police station. and we had a not-so-good-but-great lunch there. And we headed back to home with dreams. hell lot of dreams for me and mom. Getting a good job, living a good life.... the only thing i need to full fill is 3,00,000 Rs and the entrance result!

yah i think i forgot to tell you this part! the one and half year diploma in digital film making will cost you an amount near 3,00,000 in SAE college. while i was in my dreams of better life, i am sure that she was thinking about to make 3,00,000. when i looks back, i still don't know how my parents managed to pay 3,00,000 as fee and around 1,50,000 as my expenses, they never let me know.

I think one month passed by. one day i got a letter from SAE college telling me that i have selected for the DFM course and should join with in next week. the class is about to start and i have to pay a 1 lakh as first pay. i don't know what i felt - sad happy excited nervous - i still don't know but i am sure what my parents must have felt. a huge amount of tension. how to make 1 lakh money with in a week?

to be continued........

~ 3 comments: ~

priya says:
at: January 30, 2011 at 8:46 PM said...

eda..this one is really touching..i was even try SAE college for audio engineering...but it cost 2 lakhs....my family cant afford that much money.....hmm..i m tryig for SEA college..it costd 75000..actually i got admission in sea college..again economic prblm..so i cant join there....now i m trying to make 75000/-rs to join there....hmm....

sandu8383 says:
at: January 30, 2011 at 9:38 PM said...

Its nice of your parents that they are staying with your dream !!

Adarsh S says:
at: February 3, 2011 at 12:37 AM said...

Nice blog post. I have not commented on any post I read so far.But this one I have to because I had the same situation, even now I was not able to return the investment my parents gave me for developing a project.My father is a farmer and my mom is a housewife.I don't know how they managed that,they only hope that one day their son will be having a better life.

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

My title

Popular Posts

Jishnu Vediyoor Photography. Theme images by andynwt. Powered by Blogger.